The perfect all-rounder. Osmo Wood Wax Finish is a satin-matt wood finish that combines all the advantages of oils and waxes in one unique product. Resistant to water and dirt, very durable and smooths wood surfaces. Easy application – no need for a primer or sanding between coats, which saves time and money. Resistant against liquid spillages and the dry finish is safe for humans, plants and animals.
Note: The above colour shades are a true likeness of the original, after application onto Oak, Spruce or Pine. However, some variation may occur due to screen brightness and uploading processes. It is advisable to test colours on a small sample, as colour may appear differently on other wood species.
- Approx. coverage : 24m²/L with one coat
- Number of coats : 1-2 coats
- Application tools : Roller or brush
- Application temperature: +5°C to 35°C
- Approx. drying time : 24 hrs.
- Sizes: 0.375L, 0.750L, 2.5L
All interior use: interior timber cladding and panelling, ceiling profiles, skirting, doors and joinery. Especially recommended for furniture and children’s toys. Can also be used on flooring with a top coat of Osmo Polyx®Oil. For exotic wood species use Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin. For use on wooden flooring, apply just one coat, followed by a final coat of clear Polyx®-Oil. If using 3111 White on floors, apply a final coat of 3040 White from the Polyx®-Oil Tints range, to retain the whiteness of the floor. Over application and/or low ventilation can increase the drying times.
ALL ROUND PROTECTION FOR THE INTERIOR
- Suitable for all interior use
- Wood grain remains visible with transparent tones and wood grain can be hidden with intensive tones
- Very durable and hardwearing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
For all other wood types not specified, always trial apply.
- Douglas Fir
- Maple: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
- American/European Walnut: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
The wood species below are not recommended for Polyx-Oil Original. Please use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin instead.
- South American Walnut
ALSO NOT RECOMMENDED
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.